- Join a Circle
I've had the privilege of helping hundreds of women confidently prepare for their baby's birth and it continues to bring me such joy every week.
I am your teacher and guide in your pregnancy and I help you to tune into your body and your baby during pregnancy so that you feel empowered and confident and look forward to giving birth - no matter how that happens.
Birth is a process of co-creation.
I believe that we give birth with our baby rather than to our baby. A baby’s role is active, not passive. Remember that your baby usually decides when they are ready to meet you. That is how in tune they are to their birth.
Having time to think about birth from a different perspective allows you to fully understand your body, explore your beliefs and fears and to connect with yourself and your baby. A connected mother in tune with her baby and her body is more likely to have the birth experience she prepared for and the one that is right for her and her baby. Just imagine you birthing together - how amazing is that?
I believe in every kind of birth; home, water, caesarean, assisted, vaginal or in the woods. It's your choice. I also know that things don't always go as we expected or hoped for. I don’t sugar coat it. I’m realistic.
I believe in women having choices around birth and informing themselves to be strong enough to make the decisions that are right for her, her partner and her baby. It's your body.
I believe in the strength of women. As a group, we support each other; in and outside of the class.
Blossom Signature Pregnancy Yoga, Wellbeing and Birth Preparation Classes
My Signature Pregnancy Yoga, Wellbeing and Birth Preparation Classes are the most comprehensive in the Midlands. They form a programme designed to meet all your wellbeing needs during pregnancy. I have created them to help you embrace your pregnancy and birth with joy.
What you get?
A toolkit for birth - birth in a different way. This is much more than pregnancy yoga. Each class includes...
- Therapeutic Yoga
- hatha yoga postures modified for pregnancy and safe for you and you baby
- strength work to help your body cope with the extra weight you carry during pregnancy
- postures to help your body to relax and open during birth
- Spinning Babies techniques to ensure that your body stays balanced during your pregnancy
- postures to help alleviate pregnancy symptoms such as back ache, pelvic pain rib pain and sciatica.
- easy to fit in day-to-day stretches that if practiced will help your body create the space your baby needs to be in the best position for birth
- tips on keeping your body open during pregnancy
- practical tips for coping with pelvic pain
- pelvic floor exercises and tips for pelvic floor health
- mindful yoga at a pace that gives you headspace and an understanding of your changing body
Proven breathing techniques
- to help reduce anxiety and aid relaxation
- to connect with your body and your baby
- techniques (similar to many hypnobirthing techniques) to breath and release during your baby's birth
- breath work to empower and give you the tools you need to 'feel' into your baby's birth and to tune into its natural flow
- breathing techniques to use with your partner so that you feel fully supported by them during your baby's birth
- breathing techniques to help you cope if things don't go quite as you expected
- the ability to tune into your body through your breath and these skills last a lifetime (they are invaluable to you as a new mum)
- a guided relaxation for complete rest every week
- time without any interruptions
- space for to switch off your mind
- time to be with your baby and to pay attention to your body
- positive guided meditations for birth
- meditations to boost your confidence
- time to sleep and rest
- You automatically become part of a supportive community of other amazing mums-to-be
- you have access to me for any queries outside class time
- you are invited to meet ups outside of the class
- You have access to an exclusive Facebook Community
- lifetime access to an online knowledge vault that contains recorded yoga sequences for you to practice with me at home, recordings of all the breaths we practice each week in class, guided affirmations and relaxations to download and take with you for birth and recovery
- access to my extensive knowledge of the maternity services and practices here in Birmingham. If I don't know the answer, I will know someone who does. I have a fantastic referral network of other amazing people in the birth world
- Know How guides on things such as what to pack in your hospital bag, support from your birth partner
- practical tips on the preparing for the fourth trimester and making those first few weeks the best they can be
- a reading list of the best books to prepare you for your best birth experience
- positive birth stories
- jammie dodger biscuits!
PLUS YOUR SPECIAL INVITATION
You are invited to our unique Mother for Life Circle evenings.
These evenings are your chance to be with other like-minded mums who all want to support other women. They are friendly, informal and we cover a wide variety of topics. You can bring something specific with you that you want to chat about or sit and listen to the conversation.
We share our wisdom and our experiences in a way that builds a strong community based on trust and respect. Pregnancy is the very beginning of your journey as a mother for life and having other women to share it with you makes the journey easier and so much more fun. There is nothing else like this in the Midlands. Please click her to find out more about the Mother for Life Circle.
Most of the mums who come to my classes are first time mums but the class also has a good mix of experienced mums who can share their stories with us. Some of the ladies already have a regular yoga practice but most have never done yoga before.
The class really is open to everybody.
Each class has limited numbers, does get highly subscribed and is booked up in advance. Please book a call with me to find out more about the classes or reserve your space now.
MONDAY 7.00pm to 8.15pm,
Edgbaston Golf Club,
TUESDAY 7.00pm to 8.15pm
1046 Bristol Road
8 classes, 1 Class per week
Class cost: £100 Deposit: £10
As Seen In...
What our mums say...
Mandy is such a positive influence
I went to Mandy's pregnancy yoga class for a block of 8 lessons. I enjoyed it so much that I kept going for another two blocks. You may think you're going for yoga, but it's so much more. Mandy is such a positive influence on how you feel about your pregnancy, birth and parenting. I gained friends, lost any fear of giving birth and am looking forward to joining one of her baby classes with my newborn.
Every class provides a relaxed and friendly environment
I first attended baby massage classes when my son was 3 months old, and then went on to do mum and baby yoga, and I’m on my 4th block of classes now (my son is now 9 months old!) Every class provides a relaxed and friendly environment, great yoga for post pregnancy, focussing on pelvic floor exercises and breathing, and a general feel good hour where you can forget about the outside world. The cake and tea are a bonus at the end of the classes and I have met some really lovely moms through attending. Mandy has a special gift at teaching and she never fails to create a relaxed environment for the babies, who all seem fixated by her presence. I am so glad I found her classes as Wednesdays are my favourite days of the week! Cannot recommend enough.
Mandy really encourages everyone
I first attended Mandy’s pregnancy yoga classes when I was pregnant with my first baby, the yoga helped hugely with my pregnancy aches and pains but most of all the support and encouragement from both Mandy and the rest of the group was amazing. Mandy really encourages everyone to engage with each other which wasn’t something that I had experienced in other groups I attended, it meant that I felt safe in asking that daft question or verbalising my fears! I then went on to attend baby massage and postnatal yoga with my first baby and again the support and ability to engage with other new moms was fantastic! I have recently had my second baby and attended pregnancy yoga, whilst I had less concerns and worries about pregnancy and birth the classes gave me a dedicated hour to have just for me...which was so important and you don’t get much time to yourself when you are running around after a toddler! I am now attending postnatal yoga and although this is having to be done via zoom Mandy has continued to provide a safe environment and an opportunity to engage with other Moms! Thank you Mandy you help me keep my sanity!
I feel empowered as a pregnant woman and as a future mum
I signed up to the class to get to meet local expectant mums with the side benefit of a nice stretch. I did meet some lovely local mums and found it so helpful to have a space where you could talk about any issues and get advice or support. What really surprised me was how much I valued the yoga and stretching but mostly the breathing exercises. It gave me a toolkit of things to do during pregnancy and also in Labour and has made me feel excited for the birth! Mandy’s affirmations during the rest time have really spoken to me and made me feel empowered as a pregnant woman and as a future mum.
The class was so beneficial to me, to have a space just for me to enjoy my pregnancy and learn about the things I can do in birth to help it be a positive event. Thank you!
Mandy understands that babies have their own minds...
Mandy was extremely friendly and made me feel at ease so quickly. Which was fantastic as I was nervous being the youngest mum in the room. It was good to introduce everybody and nice for Mandy to explain she understands babies have their own minds so if we wanted to we could feed or change nappies just simply watch.
And she really meant it.
Having tea and cake at the end of each session made you stay and engage with the mums. I loved how Mandy explained all the benefits of the different massages e.g. winds/sinuses Oh and one final thing I loved the goody bag! Couldn’t rate the class highly enough.
SO glad I'd found Mandy and her classes
I had previously been to a few different yoga classes and found them a bit intense and not what I was looking for. I heard about Mandy's prenatal yoga classes through a friend and it sounded just what I was looking for. From the first session I was SO glad I'd found Mandy and her classes. They are way more than a yoga class - meditation, breathing exercises, relaxation and a chance to chat to other expectant mums and soak in Mandy's wisdom. The jammie dodgers are a welcome bonus to the class too! Since lockdown the classes were via zoom and this worked really well and I still had the same sense of connection and relaxation I got from the in person class. Between classes I also did Mandy's yoga sessions on her website which really helped me stay relaxed and helped my aches and pains. I also made sure I regularly listened to her audio relaxations which helped me stay calm and grounded in those final weeks. Above all of this, Mandy has been a wonderful support and checked in with me after the birth of my daughter and during our hospital stay - Mandy really does go above and beyond and puts out some brilliant online content. I can't thank her enough!
I did want to say thank you. Your classes are fantastic - you explain everything so clearly and know which achy bits to work on. It has made me think that I should find a ‘normal’ (ie not postnatal) yoga class post-lockdown, but finding the time will be a big challenge! I also think that what you do for mums is great and I hope that you will be able to start your classes in person again soon. If I come across any mums to be or new mums I will certainly recommend you, although Arlo was a late (and very happy) addition to our family and most of the mums I know have kids at school now. That’s been another positive for me actually - being able to connect with people going through the baby/pregnancy stage as otherwise it would have been very easy to neglect that side of my life with the demands of having other young children. One of the unforeseen bonuses of Mandy's classes was that my baby always slept for three hours afterwards!
Absolutely love her classes
I returned to Mandy's pregnancy yoga classes following my second pregnancy as I absolutely loved her classes first time round and made some solid friendships.
Mandy creates such a welcoming and safe environment. She is passionate about ensuring mums and mums to be have a support network alongside the yoga which is so vital. Her classes provide opportunities for open discussion around pregnancy/childbirth/motherhood and no question is out of bounds!
Following the birth of my daughter, I went on to attend baby massage and baby yoga classes, both of which I can thoroughly recommend. Baby massage has given me some really helpful techniques to manage baby's trapped wind and has also helped me deepen the bond with my little ones. Baby yoga was surprisingly more relaxing than I expected! I have made some amazing friendships that have continued post classes. I would definitely recommend Mandy's classes. She is so honest and puts her heart and soul into her classes.